Saturday, November 18, 2006

do you ever wonder if you're going crazy?

I don't want to wake up. I don't want to. Not yet. I just want to burrow down deep in this comforter, wrapped in this ocean of dream I keep dreaming. Now where was I? Oh yes. And who was I? Oh my. Eyes closed and drifting, dreaming down deep inside the dream of myself, of you. I won't ask who are you. For now just hold, just hang like a bird on the edge of the wind, of a wave, of the incoming night. Not ask where these images come from, if they're real, if I am here at all. Not yet. Turning and wheeling, eyes closed, no idea where I came from, what road, what track led me here. No yesterday, no tomorrow. This sudden sadness like the breeze shifting to the south. I won't ask where to now. I won't stay. I won't leave. This is safe. This is nowhere at all. Familiar though, this place, this time. And you. Someone. I won't ask if I know you, won't break the silence that holds us, that wraps around this separate world. For a moment I thought, I felt, I was somewhere else. I was someone I can't quite recall now surfacing out of, no into, where am I? Oh yes I remember. Saturday morning. Newspaper. Coffee. Alone here. I must have been dreaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home